News flash: I have a new obsession, or rather an old obsession coming to me in a new form…
Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE coconut. Anything coconut. Everything coconut. Coconut milk, coconut water, coconut flakes, shredded coconut, coconut butter, coconut oil (I literally bathe in it), coconut palm sugar, plain old coconut. Basically, if you’re a coconut in any form… you are totally welcome into my life.
So, what’s this new obsession? Dang Coconut Chips. Yep, toasted, crunchy, crispy, salty, sweet coconut chips. I’ve tried other coconut chips… but these ones undoubtedly take the cake. They have the perfect taste and the perfect, crunchy consistency. I picked up a bag of these bad boys at Whole Foods the other day and it was love at first site bite. I literally died. Maybe not literally, but pretty freaking close. These are hands down the best things I have ever tasted. Yes, you can incorporate these into your favorite recipes or use them as garnishes but I’m perfectly content eating them straight from the bag.
Furthermore, coconut is totally AMAZING for you. They are rich in healthy fat and lauric acid. Coconut boosts energy, increases immunity, regulates blood sugar, nourishes the thyroid, and can help cut down on belly fat. ALl of that and they are freaking delish. These coconut chips are gluten free, dairy free, vegan, all natural, non GMO, and all of that other good stuff!! Oh ya, and they contain only three ingredients… no preservatives or nasty chemicals. Woo-hoo!
I seriously dare you to try these and not fall head over heals! & while you’re at it… spill… what’s your favorite healthy snack?
Happy Saint Patrick’s day. Yep… St. Patty’s fell on a Monday this year. Major bummer. So, maybe you didn’t find a four leaf clover, or the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow… but I suggest kicking back, sipping on some green beer juice, and shopping some of my favorite green trends for Spring!
I can’t think of one girl I know who doesn’t want longer lashes! I mean, who wouldn’t? Long lashes = sexy, flirty, and make your eyes POP! My friends and I have literally tried it all from Latisse to lash extensions… with some definite success. HOWEVER, these methods aren’t exactly budget-friendly and can be super time consuming. Not to mention some not-so-pleasant side effects.
As always… if there is a natural alternative, that is definitely my preference! Sooooo, when I happened upon a little 3 ingredient recipe for DIY lash serum I was allllll over it!! Luckily, I’m a bit of an oil-hoarder… so I already had all of the ingreds. I immediately whipped up a batch and have been hooked ever since.
I wanted to give it a solid month before I gave you all the low-down. So, here it is… My lashes are longer, thicker, and honestly I feel like they are darker too! I used to NEVER leave the house without a couple coats of mascara, but now… no need! Don’t get me wrong, I still totally layer on the mascara for a night out… but on a day to day basis I no longer find it necessary.
Another bonus? My whole eye area just feels younger and healthier due to the oils. I have also been using this little concoction on my brows and they have filled in A LOT!!
I haven’t noticed any negative effects whatsoever. The only thing I will say is that I recommend applying this right before bed each night as the oil can get a little runny. **Sidenote: if your mixture hardens as coconut oil tends to do… just run under warm water until you reach the desired consistency.
So… what are your fave DIY at-home beauty remedies?!?
It’s no secret I loooooove me some MK&A, I mean, these girls just get it! When I saw this Elizabeth and James Delano Cuff I HAD to have it. The double gold bands with the Lapiz detailing… i die.
As much as I love this cuff… I knew there had to be steal out there, cuz let’s face it… I’d rather get a whole new outfit H2T than just one amazing piece. What I found is pretty darn close minus the gemstones, but whateves, it will still totally get the job done.
Soooo… my friend Lauryn of The Skinny Confidential wrote a book. Ya, like as in she’s a published author. I know, I know, I am beyond proud. I about fainted when I saw it on the shelves at Barnes & Noble… when I came to I proceeded to tell everyone in the store… “That’s my friieeennnnddd!!!” #braggingrights
I can’t imagine what a huge undertaking it is to write a book. It’s like giving birth to a child. I know she poured her heart and soul into this and couldn’t wait to get my hands on this baby. The second I got it I whipped myself up a fresh green juice, set aside a few hours sans computer ( shocking ), and totally devoured this little gem… cover to cover.
Anyhow… If you don’t already have it, lemme tell you you’re missing out big time. Lauryn is seriously a walking, talking encyclopedia of anything and everything health, food, fashion, and fitness. Like, she’s got all that sh*t down to a science… literally.
So, what will you find in this book…? Amazing pics, healthy and EASY recipes, the low-down on juicing and cleansing, workout tips, beauty must-haves, tons of time-savers, relationship advice ( cuz nobody likes “love chub” ← ew ) , and so so so much more.
Do yourself a fav and run to your nearest B&N. If you’re a hermit like me you can hit up amazon, or download the ebook on iBooks. I’m dying to know what you think… but I already know you’ll love it!! Oh, and don’t forget to snap an insty and tag #theskinnyconfidential for a chance to be featured on Lauryn’s blog!!
Oh, and if you are in the SD area, don’t miss out on on the book launch partaaayyy… here are the deets…
Who doesn’t LOVE Ms. Cara Delevingne… I mean, c’mon. She takes tomboy chic to a whole new level.
One minute she is walking the runway hand in hand with Karl Lagerfeld, and the next she’s court side at the Nets game sporting some Tims & a snapback, smoking an e-cig, and making out with Michelle Rodriguez ↚ ( woah, what? ya… that happened ). That may explain why she turned down an invite to Leo DeCaprio’s hotel room ↚ ( ya… that happened too ).
Anyhooooooo, I love her IDGAF attitude, but I love her style even more. Wanna snag queen Cara’s look… here’s what she wore…
I am kind of obsessed with anything and everything floral these days. I’m usually an über-tomboy… but I think flowers are the easiest way to femme it up a little.
This floral slip dress is seriously to die. It’s so girly and feminine and I feel like I would literally wear it with everything… Docs ✓, knee-highs ✓, an oversized flannel ✓, a slouchy beanie ✓✓✓. I esp. love the lace detailing at the bottom. I was literally about to pull the trigger and finalize my “shopping cart” when I thought… lemme make SURE I can’t find a steal for this bad boy. Lo and behold… I found the perfect one. Sry… but this little number is almost identical. Plus, it’s under $20 bucks. Double score.
Let’s talk Oscars. Oscar Sunday is/has/always will be one of my favorite days. There’s just something in the air… the excitement, the anticipation… it feels a little bit like Christmas.
Not gonna lie though… this year I was a little underwhelmed. The show was great, Ellen is hilar, but I felt the fashion was a little… eh. Usually there is that one person that seriously hits it out of the park, and the other who needs to fire their stylist… STAT. Though there were plenty of hits and misses… none of them really blew me away.
Nonetheless… here is my recap of the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Let’s start with the ugly (cuz let’s face it, that’s everyone’s favorite part).
– Anne Hathaway in Gucci: OMG. Anne, is that you? I think it is, but I can’t see your face as I’ve been completely blinded by your obnoxious gown. Her dress was over the top x 100… and not in a good way. When she presented the first award I had to don an oversized pair of sunnies. It was soooooo sparkly and distracting that TBH… I have no idea what she was presenting for, and I may or may not have had a mini-siezure from all of the flashing lights radiating off of her chest. Sorry Anne, you’re uber talented, but this was not your best look.
– Julia Roberts in Givenchy: I love you, always have, always will. You can pretty much do no wrong, well… maybe just this once. Honestly, she is so gorgeous that she could pretty much wear a paper bag and kill it. Maybe she should have. The peplum… STOP. Peplum is probably the most unflattering trend. Ever. I was really hoping it would disappear in 2014… but sadly my hopes were dashed last night. Whatever. I still love her.
– Mindy Kaling in Salvador Perez: You are one of my favorite female comedienne, hands down… but again with the peplum. Just don’t. I beg of you. She did look super cute though, and her Neil Lane jewels were to-die. Just promise me… no more peplum.
– Jennifer Garner in Oscar De La Renta: One word. Tassels. Tassels on tassels on tassels… literally. This flapper-esque gown was just too costume-y. Guess she’s still miffed about not getting a part in Gatsby.
– Anna Kendrick in J. Mendel: When I saw the back of this gown I was in love… then she turned around. Oy. Just too much going on. Her dress had a major multiple-personality disorder thing going on. The cutouts… the mesh… the too-low slit with the fringe…the blood red detailing on the midriff… it was confused. And BTW… since when is J. Mendel designing gowns for Hot Topic?
Now onto the good…
– Charlize Theoron in Dior: Is this girl human… I’m going with no. She is so beyond beautiful, I don’t even get it. She is the epitome of effortless Hollywood glam. The juxtaposition of the sculpted black gown and the nude straps was perfect. I love how she always keeps her accessories, hair, and makeup to a minimum… letting her gown speak for itself. Flawless.
– Kate Hudson in Atelier Versace: Wow! She seriously killed it. The white dress, the plunging neckline, and the CAPE. Ugh. She looked like freaking superwoman, in a good way. Remember when Lupita Nyong’o wore that insane Ralph Lauren red caped gown to the Golden Globes? The cape is by far my favorite new red carpet trend.
– Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Couture: Could she be any more likable? I think not. Exhibit A… she fell. AGAIN. She’s such a spaz, but so poised at the same time. I mean, she’s only 23 and can hang with the best of the best. This Dior gown fit her like a glove. I loved everything about this dress… the simple structure, the color, the minimal details. Also loved the drop necklace down the back. Win, win.
Naomi Watts in Calvin Klein: This gown was SO classic and different from everything else we saw. The high neckline, the capped sleeves, and the simple slit up the back = proof that you don’t have to show a ton of skin to look super sexy. Calvin Klein always kills it with their understated elegance. Her diamond studded Bulgari choker was kind of insane too. She looked beautiful.
– Pharrell Williams: He is just so stinkin’ cute. He also doesn’t age which kind of weirds me out. He’s 40… just sayin’. He ditched his Arby’s style hat and opted for some Lanvin tuxedo shorts instead. I don’t know many guys who could pull this off, but he is definitely one of them.
And the award for best dressed couple goes to…
– Olivia Wilde in Valentino and Jason Sudeikis: Olivia and her unborn child have never looked better. This was the perfect dress to show off her baby bump. The gorgeous open back with the black and white detailing was spot-on. The front was simple… not too-tight, but not too drape-y. Perfection. She is honestly so gorgeous. And I’m sorry, but when did Jason Sudeikis get SO hotttt? His midnight blue Prada tux was perfectly tailored, I love the tapered pants, and he just looked smokin’. End of story. Midnight blue is by far my favorite new man-trend. I also loved Kevin Spacey in his blue duds… very dapper. And Ellen looked so cute in her deep blue, sparkly Saint Laurent ‘smoking jacket’. Blue is the new black.
So that’s my red carpet rundown. Agree? Disagree? Who made you swoon… and who made you reach for your air-sickness bag? Tell, tell!!
Woah, woah, woah… wait a minute. When did it become March? I’m pretty sure I was just stuffing the turkey and trimming the tree… and now we’re heading into Spring ( although the weather may indicate otherwise ). WTH?? Yep… Spring is exactly 20 days away.
So, what’s a girl to do…? Shop, naturally. To me, Spring means flowy dresses, floppy hats, oversized sunnies, tons of fringe, trying to incorporate a lot of little color into my wardrobe, giant bell bottoms, and floral prints for days. I’m building up my Spring wardrobe right now so that when Spring has sprung… I’m ready and waiting!