Happy Turkey Day lovas! We all know that Thxgiving is all about the food… sweet potatoes, stuffing, pumpkin pie ( I’ll be making this one ), and more…. however, there are other ( calorie free ) ways of indulging! One of my favs…? Satisfying my sweet tooth with the perfect cranberry lippy!
– The night before ( and every night for that matter ) moisturize, moisturize, moisturize at bedtime. Our skin best absorbs moisture while we are sleeping. There is absolutely nothing worse than dry lips! Yuck! I like to use a super rich balm at bedtime, my fav is Smith’s Rosebud Salve.
– Before applying your cranberry lip, lightly brush your lips with a soft toothbrush. This will exfoliate your lips, making your color go on flawlessly. ( I exfoliate my lips on the daily )
– Use your lip brush to apply a rich, cranberry toned lipstick. Currently diggin’ Kat Von D’s Foiled Love Lipstick in F.T.W. It is literally the perfect shade of cranberry, plus it’s paraben free… score! Apply heavily then blot, blot, blot. This will give you stained, “three sheets to the red wine wind” effect.
– Top it off with an extra pop of color ( & moisture ) in the form of your favorite lip & cheek cream color. I love Stila’s Convertable Color in Poppy. This color is universally flattering and will totally brighten up your look.
– Remember to keep the rest of your makeup soft & natural. A cranberry lip calls for a nude eye and clean face.
Cheers to Thanksgiving… and the perfect cranberry lip!
Hope you guys have the best T Day evs!